Hi, I guess I should start off by telling you what this is, who I am, and what this will become. Let's start by me saying this is my third attempt at having a successful blog, lets hope my laziness doesn't screw me over yet again! Basically, my name is Sciatta and this is a place for me to talk about like in a wheelchair, straight from the handicapped's mouth!
I was diagnosed with arthrogryposis at birth. It's a disability that causes muscle shortening throughout the body which ends up affecting the extension and flexion of the joints. In laymens terms, my joints and muscles are fucked up! It took me a few years to come to terms with who I am and who I am not. I am comfortable with being disabled because I know that will never change.
I'm also fat. No, I am not self hating I am self aware. I am fat. I have rolls, big thighs, arm flab, a double chin, the whole nine yards. I also don't eat well, something I need to change. Am I a part of the #fatceptance movement? To a degree. If you are severely unhealthy to the point where walking and moving leaves you out of breath, maybe you shouldn't be too accepting. Then again, I can't walk so who am I to tell you what to do about your body?
This blog is going to be about me and my life as I roll through it. My life is pretty boring! I'm 20 years old and going to school, so I defeat the stereotype of the party college kid! Follow me as I talk about the issues of sitting in a stand-up world, my ideas on pop culture, my beauty and fashion adventures, and my life at hime with my African family. This will be fun! My name is Sciatta, and this is how I roll through life.
No comments:
Post a Comment